Search Latest Meditation Yoga News

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Bollywood Actress Shilpa Shetty Takes Yoga Exercise Quiz

Stumble Upon Toolbar

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty, 33, talks about a flawed nose job and how yoga helps her weak knees

EVER DIETED?
I believe it's not about dieting, it's about diet - even if you don't have the time to work out, a healthy balanced diet will keep you in good shape.

I love eating out, particularly Chinese or Japanese food, but I avoid consuming too many carbohydrates.

I might stick to something like sashimi, seaweed salad and black cod or steamed vegetables and soup.

And I avoid carbonated drinks - they sap all the oxygen from your body and make your skin wrinkly and dehydrated.

HAD ANYTHING REMOVED?
When I was 18 and working on my second film, my director suggested I had a nose job.

I was playing a snooty millionairess who looked down her nose at everybody and the director thought my nose was too flat.

I was very naive and I thought if I had it done it would lead to more work. It turned out to be a terrible mistake - I had an implant inserted into my nose which then started to shift.

Suddenly I had a nose that wasn't straight and extremely painful. I had to have corrective surgery and even now I have occasional sinus problems because of it.
ANY PHYSICAL FLAWS?
I wish I had stronger knees. When I was touring in Miss Bollywood in 2007, I dislocated my knee cap which was very painful. It's much better now thanks to yoga, which I do three times a week.

WHAT IS YOUR EXERCISE ROUTINE?
In London I don't have to bother because I shop and that's great cardio. You don't realise how many calories you burn walking around a shopping.

IS SEX IMPORTANT?
I will say diplomatically I don't claim to lead a celibate life and in any healthy relationship it's important to have a balance of the emotional and physical.

EVER BEEN DEPRESSED?
I don't generally suppress any negative feelings - I'm not that good an actress. Being depressed occasionally is part of life, though. I'm very pro-massage - if you have good blood flow in your body you feel better about things.

LAST CHECK-UP?
About a year ago, but I really should book another one. After what happened to Jade (Goody) I should at least have a smear test.

Jade is someone I didn't know at all when I was in the Big Brother house (the pair famously rowed and Jade was accused of racism); it was only later that we developed a relationship.

When I met her again and discovered she'd been diagnosed with cervical cancer I couldn't hold a grudge. I wanted to see her again before she died, but sadly she was too ill.


BEST HEALTH ADVICE YOUR MOTHER EVER GAVE YOU?
My mum is extremely aware of cardiac problems in our family, so she makes sure we eat a lot of vegetable oil, which is better for you. Even though a lot of dishes in my home region of India use coconut milk, she replaces it with normal milk, which is lower in cholesterol.

Source: dailymail.co.uk

1 comment:

Satnam said...

Bollywood actress Shilpa Shetty, 33, talks about a flawed nose job and how
yoga helps her weak knees.

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template